vista business..

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
I currently have 32 bit windows xp home and i can get a vista business os for 67 dollars through the college. i will be doing everything from most basic apps like messengers and internet to high intesity gaming and power sucking apps. i was just wondering if it is worth it and if it would apply to my situation or is it to business-y :p.

also what is the difference between the retail model and the upgrade model. is the upgrade for upgrading from xp? and the retail a straight up os?

I did the XP to Vista business... and I got it for free from school. Business is the most stable of Vista's i think... all I do on my machine is play games. I don't thing that is is businessy... there are some business utilities that come with it. You can go to the Microsoft web site and compare the different Vista's...

it looks like it has more options except it doesnt contain the windows media stuff. can that be added through the microsoft website?

also if i got the upgrade.. when i build my computer(the red night) would i have to install xp first and then vista?

No I don't think that you would have to have XP installed first... I did because that is what I had until I was able to get and install Vista. There is a feature in vista when you right click on my computer and go to properties where you can upgreade Vista... buy and download features the you don't have... so you can turn Business into Ultimate if you wanted to.

yea im upgrading everything to see sig link.. and i know it will run on that.

System requirements:
Processor-
1 GHz or faster processor

Hard disk-
20GB hard disk drive with at least 15GB of available space

Memory-
512MB of RAM or more

Video card-
Support for DirectX 9 graphics and 32MB of video memory

i exceed said requirments.

I will tell right now. If you do not run at least 1GB or more Vista will be SLOW. It would be worthless for you to upgrade to Vista with less than 1GB of RAM. 2GB is suggested.

First Retail can do upgrades. Upgrade edition can Only do upgrades. No other type of install. Which Retail can do fresh installs and upgrades.

Is the upgrade for upgrade from XP. I would certainly hope so. Would be kinda pointless to call it upgrade if you couldnt upgrade ya know...

I am sure i answered the 3rd part with my first response.

well i have 1gb on current comp but i think i am just going to get my parts install xp and then get vista business from the college after that.

1. buy and put together new pc
2. install xp
3. buy and install vista business

Plain and simple. A upgrade is dodgy at best. If you use XP for a period of time before you get Vista and then upgrade from XP to Vista if there is ANYTHING wrong with the XP install, spyware, virus, file updated that shouldnt be, anything that has been messed with can corrupt your upgrade and cause you grief and not make your system run right.

It is always advised if you can install fresh to do so. Upgrading is a tricky business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom