Vista Build 5231

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler1989 said:
Eric Media Center Editions don't exist anymore all MCE features and software are now included in the Ultimate Edition of Vista as well as a few below that.

I never look for it before. I remember pcworld complaining about this month ago (leaving media center out of longhorn). I guess somebody at MS was listening.

I know that 5219 had MCE features. 5112 also had them but you had to do a trick to get it unlocked. I dont remember what it was off hand but i know it was also available on Beta 1. 5231 has ti also but as it has been stated it is buggy.

Windows Vista 5231 Released to Testers17th Oct 05

Windows Vista Build 5231 (October CTP) has been officialy released to testers via MS Connect. The build string is Windows Vista 5231.051004-2120, which indicates that this build is considerably newer than the winmain 5231 build that leaked earlier this month.

when is vista supposed to be released ? i just got a free copy of xp PRO from microsofts retail site, hopefully i didnt waste 2500 of my 10,000 hard earned microsoft credits if vista comes out soon

MS credits what on earth are you talking about?

Also can someone please tell me the differences in the MSDN build number of Vista 5231 and the bootleg version I noticed there are slight differences in the letters and numbers towards the end.

I will also be backing up files tomarrow and installing 5231 on friday. I have a few questions I'm sure I'll have trouble with. How do you enable the side bar I'm aware it isn't enabled by default. How do you turn off the "drivers must be digitally signed" crap MS is enforcing?

The Winmain that was leaked was from 9/12. The CTP (or IDX) build that was offically released is 10/4. IT was done on a newer date and (from what i hear) less buggy than the copies that were leaked. As for the sidebar it isnt this build by default. You have to use the leaked version if you want it, from the PDC. M$ still hasnt put the sidebar back in on the testing builds yet.

I somehow doubt that as even Thurrot says the sidebar has returned and I'm sure he isn't using a pirated copy. Nore am I there must be a way for the official version. Next are you going to tell me that this so called P2P software MS included in Vista is only for the bootleg version if so save me the time and tell me now before I go through a fresh install. I'm sorry this is just very confusing.

As I first reported two months ago (much to the software giant's chagrin), Microsoft has completely overhauled the Sidebar from early Longhorn alpha builds and has reintroduced it into the Windows Vista code tree. Though it's not enabled by default you can turn this feature on pretty easily, so I did so (Figure).

Dont forget Thurrot was a the PDC (if i am not mistaken) So he got to see the sidebar first hand. He is correct thta it has been introduce back into the code tree. Just not the code tree that is being released to testers. The internal tree is the one that has the sidebar still enabled. If you want look it up. There should be a folder called Parts under user Administrator. If that is there then go to you Program Files you should find a folder called Windows Sidebar. In there is the .exe to get sidebar up and running. I would not doubt that Thurrot has it as he has friends on the inside that would give him a different build that what we have. No the P2P is not on bootlegs version only. How many times do i have to say that i dont have the bootlegs on my machine i have a legit copy. That was originally leaked from someone at M$ and handed down thru a trusted circle of friends.

Ok I understand the sidebar part. But I still am in denial that MS would sh!t on themselves and include P2P but I'll find out on friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom