Vista Build 5231 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 10:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Default Vista Build 5231

New Network Center
New Thumbnail view in Internet Explorer 7
New System Properties dialog
New Volume Control Panel
New Windows Media Player 11 with stacks library views
WMP 11 toolbar mode

Old 10-14-2005, 10:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

So did you get the sound to work on this?

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 10-14-2005, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

It's good stuff I can't wait for it to go official.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 10-14-2005, 10:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

They say next week. They plan on releasing the IDX.

Old 10-14-2005, 10:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Mak I don't think Warez has problems with sound I think I'm the only guy in the world at times who has problems getting drivers to work on Vista. I tell you people will riot in the streets when the end user learns the drivers must be signed by microsoft in the final product.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 10-14-2005, 10:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

No i had disscussions with Warez on the sound issue before. The RealTek have had some problems where you haev to force the drivers to install. Not many have gotten them to work. BTW what sound card do you use. I might know the fix.

Old 10-14-2005, 10:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Yamaha AC-XG I got it to work about two weeks before I got sick of Vista and went back to XP. Sad part is you can't force it to install when the final product is released as the NT code forces you to have a driver digitally signed by Microsoft.

It's pure evil. For the Beta's I can install it but when the final product comes I fear magor code hacking will be needed.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler1989
Yamaha AC-XG I got it to work about two weeks before I got sick of Vista and went back to XP. Sad part is you can't force it to install when the final product is released as the NT code forces you to have a driver digitally signed by Microsoft.

It's pure evil. For the Beta's I can install it but when the final product comes I fear magor code hacking will be needed.
Well for right now we can force it. Since they are using most of the drivers for XP and 2003 for this we are able to do such things. They only suggestion is to either force the driver install or convert it to 2003 drivers. That might help. I will do some searching on how to do this to help out.

Old 10-14-2005, 10:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Good luck but I seriously think the best we can do is pester the hardware developers to hurry up and get their product digitally signed.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Yes I did have problems with my sounds. I never did bother with it. Im actually back on XP because my VPN will not install correctly and I need it to remote into computers at my job when the need arises and it arose yesterday.