Vista Bugs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is while yeah it effects all Windows back to Win2000 the major line that should be noted:

In March 2008, Josh Buchbinder published proof of concept exploit code for an SMB relay attack vulnerability in Microsoft's implementation of the Server Message Block protocol.

It was not until March that this flaw was found. Of 2008. So yeah the flaw goes back to Win2000. But it wasnt for 8 years that this flaw was even found. That is just a reporter trying to make it out to be something more than it was.

For 8 years that "bug" was unknown. there have been bugs out there that have affected every OS out there longer but no one seems to care.

Internet flaw also affects e-mail - CNN.com

The DNS flaw affected everyone on the net for a number of years. It affected every OS worldwide. Windows, Linux and OS X. That was around for a lot longer than 8 years. ;)

There is a big difference between when a bug is found and when it is patched. Something being found 8 years later is not that big of a deal if a patch is put out fast. Granted Mirosoft took a few months to patch that flaw it isnt as bad as it sound when you say it is 8 years old when it was only found out about 8 months ago...

Mak, can you list any details on the upcoming release of microsoft's 8 security updates? i hear about 4 directly inpact the OS itself. any info?

I have not gotten the info yet. But once i do i will post up what info i can.

Well atleast you only have to hit accept, Linux asks for a password.

My only complaint on Vista so far is i can't use shortcut keys to shut down.

XP was Winkey-> U -> U

I havnt figured out vista yet.
Hit the Microsoft symbol on your keyboard, then the right arrow three times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom