Vista Bugs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has to be....
I suppose it's....

No, sorry, the only bad things about this OS can be changed :)

But i have to say i do hate the stupid account control thing, that really annoys me

UAC is extremely simple to turn off. And when you turn it off and get a virus or another user changes a critical setting you'll be complaining why Vista didn't catch it.

My major complaines include:
-No repair function
-The backup function is limited, there is no customization you have 8 or so categories of files to chose from, but cannot select individual files or folders (just whatever fits in those categories accross the entire computer)
-Their entire computer backup is semi-functional at best. I've tried on multiple installs to get a fresh 'mirror' of my C: drive and the backup fails every time
-I don't like the new media player layout
-I think burning data in the new media player is a pain in the butt

yeah pretty sad that you have to turn off a major security feature to get things to work without annoying you. oh well. leave it to MS to mess stuff up!

The things mentioned are not bugs. They are annoyances. They are things that you would like to see changed in Vista. Bugs are things that are done with the Operating System that shouldnt happen.

UAC having to be turned off is a annoyance. Not a bug.
Repair function is a annoyance. Not a bug.
Limited backup annoyance.

I could go on. But i think i got the point across. A Bug would be something like the old file transfer bug where it would say it would take hours upon hours to transfer a file but do it in a few seconds. That is a bug.

Almost every bug that has been found, if major enough, has been addressed. Even more are being addressed by Vista SP2. There are still some very minor and system specific bugs out there.

But the things all mentioned in here are annoyances with Vista. Not 1 thing i see listed is a bug.

I tried vista and it was ok, until I tried to install crysis warhead.

It took 15 minutes just to get 50% done, so I tried installing it on Xp and it installed and I was playing it within 7 minutes.

Same system and everything..

Haven't booted back into it since.

Man captain specific... okay they aren't bugs - you are right. I meant they are annoyances that I personally fine inconvenient within Vista. Then again a 2 second load time and a free OS would be nice too :)

Sorry about being Captain Specific. But being a Beta Tester there is a huge difference for us on wether it is a bug or annoyance.

Since if they truly are bugs i can report them to Microsoft and possibly get them added into Vista SP2 and get them fixed it makes a major difference knowing these differences.

Being a annoyance is something else. I can suggest things to M$ as well. But i have to be able to distinguish the difference between bug and annoyance to know if it is 1 or the other.

That is the only reason why i got so specific with it. Cause being a bug it can possibly be fixed. Being a annoyance it can only be suggested to look at.

Haha you're right Mak, I hope i didn't ruffle anything I was seriously joking. Because you are right, and the title should be annoyances. And most of what I posted are annoyances.

I still would like to know about that entire system backup though - I have NEVER been able to get that to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom