Vista BSOD & Other Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le GoogelGuRu

Beta member
Whenever I insert a CD, mostly games, as it is getting ready to load the autorun (setup) screen, I get a BSOD most of the time. The BSOD comes up, saying there's a problem somewhere, it doesn't last long but from what I can read (didn't have much time) it mentions something about if it's the first time don't worry, if not then it could be a software or hardware problem. It appears whenever I insert Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, The Sims 2, anything that is a game really. Quickly after flashing itself, the computer restarts and usually if I put the CD in then, it will work...

Until... whenever anything is trying to install; you know the Installshield Wizard is loading or whatever, it usually just freezes there and I can't use CTRL + ALT + DEL or anything, so I have to take out the laptop power cord and the battery to cut the power to my laptop.

What's wrong? I really can't stand not being able to play anything on Vista. Other people have got these games working.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A100-VA3 laptop, 1GB of RAM, 256(I think, maybe a bit lower) graphics accelerator or something like that video, with a 70GB hard drive.

I was also wondering if this could be a problem with my optical drive. It is a DVD burner, MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device according to Windows. Strange... also in My Computer, properties, hardware I see VOBID InstantDrive CD SCSI Cdrom device... which is which?

Thirdly, whenever I right-click on anything in Computer (my computer), it gives me a runtime error; see screenshot attached; but after I click okay it will continue to show the menu where I can view properties, etc.

Attachments

• DVD Drive.jpg
    DVD Drive.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom