Vista Beta 5219 and Audigy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewgen1

Baseband Member
I recently got a copy of the Vista beta from the MSDNAA and finally got a chance to play aroudn with it. When I installed it it installed many drivers that were Vista compatible including ones for my monitor, video card and mouse. It included not drivers for my soundcard. I had hoped that I could still use my old SB Audigy 2 driver disk to setup the drivers but it hasnt worked. Does anyone know where I can get drivers for my soudncard that are Vista compatible?

Your best chances of success is to try your XP drivers. If that doesn't work which you said it didn't you have to use Server 2003 drivers. Windows Vista is Based off of Windows Server 2003 SP1 so base your drivers off of that. Unless you have a great company that made your hardware (take ATI, Nvidia) you will not have Beta drivers for Vista yet.

when i was on vista 5112, i had this vpn software for work. I installed it but it didnt work under Vista so i reinstalled it using Windows compatibility mode and it worked.Do you know what I am talking about?

Right Click>Properties it should be under on of those tabs to find the Compatability mode. As for the Audigy s there are no drivers available for it to work correctly with Vista. Some have gotten the Beta drivers recently released from Creative to work but they are still choppy. The best solution i have found is to use the kX project drivers. They wont be choppy and will work with Vista.

Well since this is for the Audigy 2 i figured that the kX drivers are the best answer. But if you ned video drivers go here. This is where to download the Beta drivers for nVidia cards. This is for ATI cards. As for your monitor you will have to use it as a generic. I dont think anyone has gotten Vista to recognize their specific monitor. I think they are all considered generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom