Vista Beta 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Amd2800 Send a message via AIM to Amd2800 Send a message via Yahoo to Amd2800
Default Vista Beta 2

Hey

is there away for me to get Vista Beta 2 wiv out Downloading it using Torrents or paying for a MSDN Subscription i dont wanna do any of them is there another way to get Vista beta 2 ..

If so plz tell me

Dell Studio 1747 Laptop
CPU : Intel I7 - Q720 @ 1.66Ghz - Ram: 4GB Ram DDR3 1333Mhz Dual Channel - Mobo : Dell - HDD: 2x 500GB Sata 2 - OS1: Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Quote:
I want a processor in my brain..... Can i upgrade my ram?

Old 10-30-2005, 04:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

No you've pretty much said all the options.

But again I will say it's not really worth it at this point.

Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 10-30-2005, 04:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Some sources say that Beta 2 will be public while others say that the public availability of Vista wont be available until the RC stage begins. It all depends on M$ and when they decide to relase Vista to the public beta stage. You can always sign up for the beta and see if you get accepted. But i dont think that will happen as i know people that have been on that list for over a year with no promise of gettin on it. You have to pretty much have beta tested Whistler (XP) to get on this beta.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 10-31-2005, 01:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Amd2800 Send a message via AIM to Amd2800 Send a message via Yahoo to Amd2800

ok thxs

Dell Studio 1747 Laptop
CPU : Intel I7 - Q720 @ 1.66Ghz - Ram: 4GB Ram DDR3 1333Mhz Dual Channel - Mobo : Dell - HDD: 2x 500GB Sata 2 - OS1: Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Quote:
I want a processor in my brain..... Can i upgrade my ram?

Old 10-31-2005, 05:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I recall the MS website saying free public downloads for all.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 10-31-2005, 09:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

I do know what you are saying Tyler but my sources at M$ say that Beta 2 will not be fully open. They are going to expand the testing database but it will not go public. IF they took it public before RC stage it would offend the MSDN, VIP, and TechNet guys that have paid god money for their subscriptions. AT least that is the lastest floating around. We do not know for sure yet what M$ plans on doing. Seeing as how Beta 2 got pushed back till Dec again not Nov like was last annouced we will have to wait and see.

Old 10-31-2005, 09:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Well that is what I recall seeing a some time ago but you are right I can not find the link now and it was probably removed. I may be wrong again but I think that Beta 2 was always planned for december.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Well the time frame for Beta 2 has jumped more than a mexican bean. First it wasnt for 6 months after Beta 1. That would put it about Jan or Feb. Then it got bumped to Dec 7th. Then they announced that they were ahead of schedule and planned on getting Beta 2 out in Nov. Now they say that due to some "problems" they wont make a Nov deadline and will have it for Dec release.

Closed Thread