Vista beta 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2006, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default Vista beta 2

This is copied from another forum but it is very much in keeping with my own experience even with two hard drives, one with XP and the other with Vista beta2

The problem is also to find software which is compatible and seemingly little is?!!

Comments from those far more expert than I, please.

"Many people are asking these days on the forums about the public Vista Beta 2. Being that I had used it for about a week with no Xp, I feel that I can give some useful insight on the topic. First off, it's a BETA OS, and is not intended to be a main OS (learned that the hard way). You will experience software incompatibilities, and you will experience hardware compatibilities. This alone is enough to have driven me back to Xp. It's designed for developmental purposes, and is not made for you to do your daily work on. Many included apps have several bugs, IE7+ being one of them. I recommend you don't even bother with it, as the bootmanager alone has problems that could screw up a dual boot. And it's certainly not good as a main OS. So it is my reccomendation that you wait for the release of the OS before you deal with this OS. (This is with the exception of serious members who actually can deal with many problems or are developers some of them are: QS, archnaid, D1, mPhill, and well, that's good enough.)"

Old 07-12-2006, 05:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

I have had very little problems running Vista as a Main OS. There are a few applications that i have found that wont run in VIsta. But theya re few and far between. I have gotten many games to run along with many applications that are used everyday.

So from my experience with Vista. Which has been a year in the making. This is by far one of hte best builds released. For people that this is their first build that they are trying then yes. It will be difficult for them.

As with ANY Beta software it is never good to think that it will be stable enough to use over a current Final release. Hence the term BETA. It doesnt matter if it is a OS, Browser, or any other app. With the term Beta in there it means that there will be bugs.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread