Vista beta 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Arbib

In Runtime
I am about to take the plunge and install Vista beta 2 64 bit from the DVD kit provided by Microsoft. I have a secondary drive on which it will be installed.

Now I am rather ancient (age 72) and need some of your wonderful expert knowledge - I suspect quite trivial, so sorry in advance.

Here goes.

1. Can I install over an existing 32 bit XPpro/SP2 installation or is it necessary to go throuch a re-format/install process?

2. I have an Asus A8N-SLI motherboard with 64 bit AMD 4200 CPU and an Audigy 2ZS Audio card. Does the Creative software work in Vista?

3. Currently use Norton System Works 2006 for a/v control.
Does ths work or is there another a/v program that is known to work.

4. Is there a site which can tell me what programs will work in this environment and those which will not?

5. I know there are some broswers which don't like IE7.0 which is bundled with Vista. I need some feebcack, please

1. You will need to format that drive, or put it on a new partition. Installing it on the same partition will corrupt XP.

2. Yes, but only two speakers.

3. AVG and Avast, AVG has active scanning, Avast doesn't. Chose by personal preference.

4. Use google for the programs, but they should all work. Some may need to be ran in XP SP2 mode.

5. Not sure what you mean. Firefox works with Vista though.

Thanks for your assistance
One browser that does not work, so I am informed, is the Yahoo
or BT-Yahoo browser in IE7 which is included in Vista beta2. What about Netscape 8.1 (useful, but not likely to be upgraded
by AOL

Then you mention Xp/SP2 mode. Is there a facility within Vista
that permits ths? Odd, if it does. Or maybe Microsoft has been cleverer than I thought

You right click it, and go to compatibility tab. This is incorperated into XP as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom