Vista Beta 1 - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 12:10 AM   #21 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

same place in vista

Old 10-15-2005, 03:49 AM   #22 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Amd2800 Send a message via AIM to Amd2800 Send a message via Yahoo to Amd2800

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler1989
Yeah this member was foolish enough to PM me asking for my MSDN credidentials so he can log in as me. Wow and you think people would know my stance on things by now.

-------------------------------------------------------------

As for everyone else here you seem to know alot about the pirated versions out there. How do you know they are buggy? All my version I got are very stable for what is considered a Beta build.

i am new here and i dont know u yet

Dell Studio 1747 Laptop
CPU : Intel I7 - Q720 @ 1.66Ghz - Ram: 4GB Ram DDR3 1333Mhz Dual Channel - Mobo : Dell - HDD: 2x 500GB Sata 2 - OS1: Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Quote:
I want a processor in my brain..... Can i upgrade my ram?

Old 10-15-2005, 10:40 AM   #23 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

EricB thanks for posting that and my hopes skyrocketed! But again I fear that feature will be removed in the final version of Vista.

They warning states that you may install the driver but in the final version of Vista the driver "must" be digitally signed by Microsoft.

That leaves me to think they will remove that trick you posted but I hope not. But I will try to find wherever that is I can't seem to find it on Vista but it's there I'm sure.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 10-15-2005, 04:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler1989
EricB thanks for posting that and my hopes skyrocketed! But again I fear that feature will be removed in the final version of Vista.

They warning states that you may install the driver but in the final version of Vista the driver "must" be digitally signed by Microsoft.

That leaves me to think they will remove that trick you posted but I hope not. But I will try to find wherever that is I can't seem to find it on Vista but it's there I'm sure.
Dont forget this is the same company that said WinFS. Indigio, and Avalon would all be ready for Vista. So far WinFS is buggy at best (Beta Testing it on XP), Indigio and Avalon have both undergone some massive changes that who knows if its for the better or worse. I mean with the hardware requirements that they are talking just so Indigio and Avalon will work is insane. Who NEEDS a 256MB Video card for surfing the Web and checking email. Come on just to get a little transparency. Its over kill. there is no way that M$ would be able to get away with EVERYTHING having to de digitally signed by them. There would be no support for newly released hardware or hardware like a TVR card. It just isnt possible that M$ would be able to stop all those users from having thier products. It would be a court case faster than Vista would be released.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 10-15-2005, 05:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

I dont think the signed drivers by MS will be a go once out.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:19 AM   #26 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to little_emmynem

from where to get Beta Vista 1???? any build? and if not can i get the programming information for it????
SEAGATE Barracuda 160 GB SATA 7200 RPM
NVIDIA GeForce 8 Series - 8500GT 256MB
ASUS lightscribe Dual-layer DVD burner
SAMSUNG DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
SAMSUNG 17" LCD/TFT Monitor
SAMSUNG ml-1610 Monochrome Printer
SONY MD RECIEVER
iBall iTower Cabinet with 400W ATX SMPS
TRANSEND 2x1 GB DDR2 667 MHZ RAM
Old 10-20-2005, 04:09 AM   #27 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Win2kpatcher

What about the P2P built into vista wouldnt that promote more Piraters to join the action? The more pirates the better I suppose.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:16 AM   #28 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Win2kpatcher
What about the P2P built into vista wouldnt that promote more Piraters to join the action? The more pirates the better I suppose.
Well this discussion has taken many turns when i have had it with other people. My main thought is so M$ can monitor what is being sent over the P2P network and even stop some of the sharing of M$ products, MP3's, and bootlegged movies. But thats just my thoughts on this. No offical word from M$ what the P2P will actually be and do yet.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli213
Well this discussion has taken many turns when i have had it with other people. My main thought is so M$ can monitor what is being sent over the P2P network and even stop some of the sharing of M$ products, MP3's, and bootlegged movies. But thats just my thoughts on this. No offical word from M$ what the P2P will actually be and do yet.
you know that is exactly why they are doing it. you won't be able to download any copies of vista or xp either
Old 10-20-2005, 01:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by EricB
you know that is exactly why they are doing it. you won't be able to download any copies of vista or xp either
Let alone any other thing M$ related. Not to say they wont stop the MP3 and movie transfers also.

Closed Thread