Vista already being replaced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the truth. Microsoft isnt forcing anyone to upgrade. Read the articles about how DX10 is years away from making a true impact.

Granted there are games and hardware out there now but you dont HAVE to do it. You CHOOSE to do it.

Only reason why i upgraded? Well first i had a pirated version...but then i got full legit copies for free. So why not upgrade then?

Mak said:
Only reason why i upgraded? Well first i had a pirated version...but then i got full legit copies for free. So why not upgrade then?
Exactly (the second part, not the first). If it doesn't cost you anything, it isn't a problem.

I bought XP, and I have gotten my money's worth out of it. But I cannot see shelling out the serious kind of cash Vista costs for what little difference there is between it and XP. I have been one of those harping about how crappy Vista is, but it's really not. It had some troubles at first (and still does on old equipment and programs), but it has really matured. It is made for new stuff, not old stuff.

Actually, I hope Windows 7 cuts loose most of the backward compatability crap. Why bring forward all of the holes from every version of Windows? Start with a clean slate and go with it. No need to go any farther back that XP, if even that. Well, it would have to go back that far to capture any part of the businesss sector as businesses can't afford to start from scratch at the drop of a hat.

I will wait and see what 7 brings. I think we may be a little surprised by it before it is done.

The only reason why i didnt upgrade to Vista was because i wanted to have something i knew i could trust because atm of my build vista was still taking its first steps and triping up. I also droped Linux because it wasnt supported in all catagories yet such as youtube vids, flash games, if linux had good support in those areas well i'd probably be full Linux.

I plan to build after the next couple years, so i see Windows 7 in my future :)

Hopefully MS will work more closely with hardware vendors to get drivers up at least by the launch of 7. That was the biggest hurdle of Vista, the lack of driver availablity. What good was it to have brand new hardware when there wasn't drivers for the OS to use it?

I heard some hype from another forum i hang around that in 7 they would be ditching the old M$ paint program and replace it with a totally different kind of layout and options for the new program.

I haven't heard much on it, other than it may (rumor) take a page from Linux as far as modules go. I doubt it, but it would be nice.

No need to fret Redmoon its just a rumor that doesn't mean its true.

Oh thank god.

I rang a bunch of friends up and we where really in panic. A few of them where crying and we where really worried. Ill go tell them that we still have a chance to keep it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom