Vista 64 bit Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucas182

Beta member
hi, i currently have windows 32 bit ultimate OEM. however i am thinking about upgrading to the 64 bit version (10 dollars isnt much after all)... because in maybe one year from now, the world in its entirety will be moving to 64 bits. I for one, have a system that no longer takes full advantage of a 32 bit based OS. because i worry a little about my pc's future, i am posting my full specs so that the members of this forums can assist me by judging whether or not my system is compatible with a 64 bit vista. i have looked everywhere on the internet for answers and support and so far i do have a feeling that my pc is 64-ready. (i am fairly knowledgeable when it comes to PCs, just not 64 bit related things). anyway, here are my specs:

Core 2 Duo E6660 (2.4ghz)
Intel D975XBX2 (Bad Axe 2) Motherboard
XFX GeForce 8800GTS 640mb
4 gigs ram G.Skill (2x2gb) 5-5-5-15 1.8-1.9, 240, 667 DDR2
Maxtor 6V160E0 ATA, 160gb, 7200rpm HD
Sound: Sigmatel integrated on intel's MB
w/e.. cant think of anything else... :/

as you can see, due to the limited 32 bit OS, i cannot fully appreciate my RAM.. lol
and it wont be long (i give it 2 years max) before people start putting 4 gigs of ram minimum in their systems.

PS: one of my main doubts concerns my CPU. apparently all C2D's ship 32 bit and 64 bit -ready. but before installing vista, i checked on XP and my processor was labeled x86, which is the reason for my concern... :)

anyway, do you guys think my system is ready for a 64 bit OS?

any advice is greatly appreciated. thank you in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom