Vista 5342 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentali$T

Daemon Poster
Vista beta help

I have just installed vista beta version 5342 and the screen is really weird. None of the true colours are displayed and in the properties it says 4bit and a really low resolution. I downloaded the ATI vista drivers but they are for an earlier version of vista. Anyone know what i can do to get my card recognised by vista?

Thanks

What Video Card do you have? Is it a DX9 card? Not a DX9 compatable card but a actual DX9 card? If it isnt a DX9 card you might not be able to view the Glass Effects as M$ has made it so only DX9 cards can view that. They were supposed to support DX8 cards also but i dont know if this build has that or not.

Vista should have installed the drivers for you automatically if your card was compatable. Since there has been only the nVidia driver that was recently released that supports build 5365 you can just try to install those drivers. They might help. But since this is a Beta OS it might not. You might have to wait and see if ATi comes out with more drivers that can support Vista nad your card.

Its an X700 from sappire. Im not sure if its an actual DX9 card but yeah its compatible. I know that vista does support it because in the drivers for version 5208 (or sumthing) it lists compatible cards and that is in there. I have got the 5308 drivers but as the version i am running is 5342 it doesnt want to work.

Also when i try installing one update from the drivers it says i need .NET but i already have this installed, that could be the problem. But the other driver for CCC works :s

I might just have to wait and see if more drivers come out. But that could take aaaaaages.

Thanks

Does Vista run in a windows on top of your nromal OS? Do you have to reboot to get itno vista? If you answer no and yes, then it is not a virtual one. You would probably know it, as I beleive ti takes quite a bit of configuration :)

Okay there is another trick to get drivers to install. Install Winrar within Vista. Extract the ATi drivers to a folder. Call it Viddrivers or whatever you want. After that go to the Device Manager. Click on the Video and install Drivers. But choose the drivers to install. Choose the folder that you extracted from the ATi executable. It should find the parts needed and install the drivers for you. I did this with my nVidia card and the Beta drivers for Vista.

digitaloracle said:
Does Vista run in a windows on top of your nromal OS? Do you have to reboot to get itno vista? If you answer no and yes, then it is not a virtual one. You would probably know it, as I beleive ti takes quite a bit of configuration :)

Ok then its not a virtual one. I thought so anyway.

Thanks Makaveli213 am going to try that now.

Ok i think i know why its not installing. When i tried to use your method half way through it failed and said it couldnt find enough resources and that i need to disable sumthing else for it to work.
btw can u see the pic ok? its all screwed up on this.

How do i disable the other hardware?

Thanks

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom