Vista 5112 Watermark Branding - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 01:53 AM   #31 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

default for me

you can copy and paste with your mouse on pages from the net ot do you use your keyboard? I can do it win Windows apps but I cant, like copy this text im writing and send it to notepad or another forum,etc. I will be going to build 5219 shortly. Hopefully it will have support for my realtek sound card.

Old 10-09-2005, 07:13 AM   #32 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Okay let me see if can answer a few questions here. Eric that was the link to the beat drivers you posted. They work well with Beta 1 Build 5112 but they are kinda hit and miss with 5219. As for your other question are you just looking for the wallpapers? I can send you a link or just upload them to image shack for ya. I have quite a few good one for Vista.
Tyler the transparency is not on by default. Unless you have a Direct X 9 card. Not a Direct X 9 compatable card but a true DX9 card. Sometimes that dont even work and you need the beta drivers or to hack the registry. I have found that the registry hack works better for build 5219. My Glass effects were not on by default and i had to activate them thru the drivers or hack. If you let me know what you have tried i can give you an answer on how to get them to work. Also what type of Video card do you have?
Warez i just checked my copy/paste and it works fine with my 5219. Not a problem at all. The only suggestion i can say about the sound card it to try and manual force the install of the drivers.
I hope this answers a few of the questions. The reason i know all of this is cause i have been doing quite a bit of support for Vista and getting the Glass effects to work. If there are any problems as and i will try to help and find an answer.
Warez if you need some help with the manual force install just let me know i can get you a walk thru on how to do it for Vista.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 10-09-2005, 12:12 PM   #33 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli213
Okay let me see if can answer a few questions here. Eric that was the link to the beat drivers you posted. They work well with Beta 1 Build 5112 but they are kinda hit and miss with 5219. As for your other question are you just looking for the wallpapers? I can send you a link or just upload them to image shack for ya. I have quite a few good one for Vista.
Tyler the transparency is not on by default. Unless you have a Direct X 9 card. Not a Direct X 9 compatable card but a true DX9 card. Sometimes that dont even work and you need the beta drivers or to hack the registry. I have found that the registry hack works better for build 5219. My Glass effects were not on by default and i had to activate them thru the drivers or hack. If you let me know what you have tried i can give you an answer on how to get them to work. Also what type of Video card do you have?
Warez i just checked my copy/paste and it works fine with my 5219. Not a problem at all. The only suggestion i can say about the sound card it to try and manual force the install of the drivers.
I hope this answers a few of the questions. The reason i know all of this is cause i have been doing quite a bit of support for Vista and getting the Glass effects to work. If there are any problems as and i will try to help and find an answer.
Warez if you need some help with the manual force install just let me know i can get you a walk thru on how to do it for Vista.
I would appreciate a link to that wallpaper. my copy and paste work on everything, warez.

what do vista use for msconfig? I couldn't access startup Items
Old 10-09-2005, 12:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Vista doesnt have Msconfig by default. Either download it or copy the .exe over from XP.

Old 10-09-2005, 01:14 PM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

I download my msconfig but when I switch over to 5219, I will copy it from XP because of the new tool you can use with it. I tried to download it on here to see if it would work and it didnt. Can you tell me how to force the drivers? Thaks
Old 10-09-2005, 02:49 PM   #36 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Manual Driver Installation

Manual installation of device drivers may be necessary if drivers are not successfully installed by running setup in XP Compatibility Mode. This is accomplished from Device Manager (right click Computer>Manage), by right clicking on the device>Update Driver>No, not this time>Next>Install from a specific location (Advanced)>Next>Include this location in the search>Browse ¬Ė to the location containing the required drivers. It is necessary to extract the .inf, .sys and .cat driver files to a folder using a tool such as WinRar before you can manually install your drivers in this way.

Also, if you have an XP install on another partition you can use the above method and browse to that partition's Windows/inf directory to locate the inf file (make sure you have show hidden and system files enabled in explorer to see this directory). As the install progresses you may be asked to locate other needed files which are usually found in that partition's Windows/System32 folder, or the Windows/System32/drivers folder.

Warez try this out and see if it helps get your sound working. I dont remember if it was just to copy the .exe over or to download it. You have to put it in the Windows>System32 folder.

Old 10-09-2005, 10:20 PM   #37 (permalink)

Can you post the links to the desktop backgrounds?