Vista 5112 Watermark Branding - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 09:59 AM   #21 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Ive been scanning my system with adaware se 6, I havent found nothing, not even a cookie. Can you confirm this on your system?

Spybot wont run on my build

Old 10-08-2005, 10:24 AM   #22 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

I also just ran MAS and it found nothing also. Either the scanning engine is not working with Vista or there really aint nothing on here to find

Old 10-08-2005, 11:06 AM   #23 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

I have found only a few instances of Spyware and Viruses on my Vista. Ad Aware6 didnt find anything. M$ AS runs but it creates multiples of itself in the systray. I doubt you will find anything. I have found only 1 virus and 2 total pieces of spyware since i have run Vista since July.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 10-08-2005, 08:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

what is this glass effect (transparency )that everybody talks about?
I have vista on 1 partition (I hardly ever go there as it is frustrating sometimes).
Old 10-08-2005, 08:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Yes the Glass effect is the tranceparency. If you look at my screen shot you will notice that the border around the windows is transparent and can bee seen right thru. There are 2 ways to accomplish this. Either by using a registry hack or the Beta drivers released by nVidia and ATI.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 10-08-2005, 10:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli213
Yes the Glass effect is the tranceparency. If you look at my screen shot you will notice that the border around the windows is transparent and can bee seen right thru. There are 2 ways to accomplish this. Either by using a registry hack or the Beta drivers released by nVidia and ATI.
do you have a link to the nvidia beta drivers? I have a geoforce 6200 pci express card. is this it?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_75.03.html
Old 10-08-2005, 11:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Wait hold on here. I thought Beta 1 was supposed to have transparency by default was I mislead.

I'm under the impression you need a 64meg vid card to display the transparency. Is transparency shut off for everyone by default on beta 1?
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 10-09-2005, 12:07 AM   #28 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli213
Here you go. The "Curved Sidebar" on Vista build 5219.

I want a desktop like this one. where did you get it?
Old 10-09-2005, 12:09 AM   #29 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I'd like to know if the folders were transparent when you installed it or did you mod/hack the registry I've been having so many problems with transparency.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 10-09-2005, 12:10 AM   #30 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Warez Monster
Anyone else have a problem with the copy function in Vista? I cant copy and paste nothing.
I can copy and paste

Closed Thread