Vista with 1GB?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I feel ya, remixed.

Lubuntu uses LXDE. I actually tried that yesterday. For some odd reason, it wouldn't load the desktop from the live-cd. Said X failed or something. I'll find another native LXDE distro.

Compaq Presario F500 Notebook PC series specifications - HP Home & Home Office Products

This is my grandpa's old laptop, not mine.

Mine is a bit lower than those specs, but just to give you an idea. Might try Puppy.

Honestly Mind, ask your granpa what he wants on the laptop.
Some elderly people don't catch on to linux not unless they are familiar with the os it can be tough for people to get use to linux as well if they never laid eyes on it before.
Give him some options and see what he wants.

He doesn't use it, Mike. And as I said above, if family stays over, all they will use is the browser. Not much of a transition.

They aren't going to extensively use it. Though my great-uncle might get a kick out of it. He plays with Linux. Alogh, he's a big MS guy. He worked for Intel years ago. Dunno what he actually did, tho.

Puppy linux would be nice, as long as you can get flash/HTML5 support for youtube videos. and that you can run a browser with adblock+ or equ., etc.... if it's just used for browsing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom