Vista - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2007, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to pts2800
Default Vista

when do you think vista will be stable enough to buy, because it still hear that there are still alot of problems even with the SP1.

i don't really wanna get it eather way i like my xp, but i know one day i will have to for dx10, but when do you think it will be stable enough, and when do you think xp will become obsolete? because it looks like Microsoft is trying to get rid of xp.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Vista

Honestly i would say that the correct answer is when you want to. there are articles out there that say DX10 wont be ready for another year or 2 to make the switch worth while. Yeah of course M$ wants to get rid of XP cause they spent so much time on Vista. Over 5 years to develop would make them want to get people on it.

But i personally use Vista and dont think it is all that bad. Yeah XP is faster by a few seconds. But i dont care much.

If you are happy with XP then stay. Dont switch till you think you are ready. Or till there is a game out there that you just have to have that is Vista and DX10 only. Till then XP will be jsut fine.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 11-29-2007, 09:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Re: Vista

Considering i bought 2 copies in the last 2 weeks, i'd say its plenty stable. Running home premium 32 on my media pc, and home premium 64 on the gaming rig. Vista just takes a little time to get used to. Also, if you already own a legal copy of xp theres no reason to upgrade. I built a media pc and would have had to get a media center copy of something, so i went vista, and i needed a 64bit copy of windows for my gaming pc, so i went vista there too.
Nothing to see here.
Closed Thread