vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

JinkX

In Runtime
guys i have downloaded and installed windows vista cr1 ...
its a cool , very colourfull , more featuers and very complicated ...
it asks for permition in every **** thing it does ..
and remmber how it was when we upgraded from windows 98 to win xp ( all the drivers must be updated "hardware") it the same .. i have to change most of my hardware to meet with vista's needs ..
to me ... i think that i will install it after 6 month at least ..
am not willing to change anything now .. think about it !

The permissions thing you talk about is the new UAP. (User Account Protection) It is geared toward helping users in stopping fly by installs of viruses, malware and spyware. As i know the purpose of this feature and think that it can be a great thing. I also know how annoying it can be since i have used Vista since it was still Longhorn.

Best advice i can give in this situation is if you can live with it do so. It will only offer valuable security. If it becomes to much of a annoyance you can turn it off in the Control Panel. Under User Accounts. You will have to restart the machine in order for it to take effect.

With having it off you will be able to operate as you do on XP but be warned with Anti-Virus apps hard to find that work on Vista if you visit some shady sites or download some less than perfect files ;) you can be affected.

ya my nod 32 is not working here ..
anyway . it looks like am going to formatt my drive now .. this is my 3rd formatt this month :D am pretty used to it now ! win xp here i come ...
the point of this thread is to make people know that win vista have some issues man ..
its not as perfect as we thought it would !

vmware ??? is it one of these programs that takes an image of the partion ?? like norton ghost and acronis ?

no you install windows xp inside a virtual pc .... runs like a window

its free so try it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom