Virus stuck in System restore folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

kizzeith

In Runtime
I have been having problems with a trojan residing in my system restore folder. I have used the system restore utility a few times, and it has helped me out quite a bit until now. I am running Mcafee 7.0, and every maybe 30 minutes an alert pops up letting me know that I have a virus in my System restore folder. I am unable to clean or delete this file, and it is driving me insane. Someone please help me!

right click my computer...go to properties...go to system rystore...turn it off...click apply...everything will get deleted...turn it back on...if youd like

and may i suggest getting a better antivirus program...mcafee is one of the worst out there...
id suggest getting Panda AV Platinum 7.0

Grimey said:
and may i suggest getting a better antivirus program...mcafee is one of the worst out there...
id suggest getting Panda AV Platinum 7.0

I couldn't agree more - McAfee IMHO is not as effective as Norton and some others out there.

PC Cillian used to be free - but now you have to pay for it. If i was not a Norton user, I would definitely buy it. Panda AV... i'm not sure i've read so many good reviews of that in PC magazines. At any rate, if it works for you - use it.

I despise Norton, all it does is F up your computer both of my friends used norton and it ruined their computer.

I prefer ezarmor by etrust which also comes with a firewall. neat, effective, minor sys load.....and the best of all i got it free for a year!!!

I prefer none, and just enjoy the time it takes from my life for me to manually fix it :D

No, I'm not serious.

slvrstang said:
I despise Norton, all it does is F up your computer both of my friends used norton and it ruined their computer.

errrr... that must be why Norton has more than 35% of the market share. You sure that 'F up' wasn't due to ID10T error rather than a software issue? Been using Norton for more than 5 years now... haven't had one single issue on my pc yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom