virus :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
i went to a music lyrics site (www.lyricsplanet.com) and it downloaded 3 toolbars without giving the yellow information bar at the top of internet explorer. They just downloaded automatically and keep downloading more viruses (toolbars). Is there an antivirus program that will stop these crazy toolbars from giving me more viruses? I tried AVG, it deleted some viruses, but the problem is still not fixed :(

i downloaded Hijackthis, and did a couple scans, and i managed to delete some unknown things from internet explorer. I have AVG pro, and avast pro, i'll do a scan with avast

i think the toolbars are gone, but the explorer menu under "view" still says that the toolbars exist...

I just went there, nothing downloaded, just got 2 popups. I went to the properties of the popup boxes, copy and pasted the url into the restricted zones for internet options and applied it, closed the page, the reopended without it giving me the popups again. Post the log here

When you do get the "install active x information bar, click yes, the another box will come up, click more options, then click "Never install software from eXact Advertising" then click dont install close it and reopenn.

no activex information bar popped up...just downloaded installs with no warnings...it might have been a different website, but it said "lyrics planet"

i just need a way to get rid of the viruses without reinstalling windows :(

this is what i was thinking...

all my unknown sh** is gone, according to spybot, avg, and hijackthis. All i need to do is remove/reinstall internet explorer, to make sure everything is back to normal.

How would i remove/reinstall internet explorer completely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom