VirtualDub-Extracting Audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderAC

In Runtime
I am using the VirtualDub to extract my audio from movie files so that I can then use TMPGEnc to convert them to MPEGs.
My question is that in VirtualDub's file information, I see most of the files have 48000Hz as audio while they have different number of channels (1-6?). I have no idea what they represent. But I know I have to set the correct one when I extract the audio otherwise my finished movie file won't be matched.

I have this information here:
48000Hz, 6 Channel (stereo), AC-3 ACM Decompressor, 384 Kps data rate. What should I set the audio conversion to? I thought that for TMPGEnc, its usually uses 44100Hz? But won't the sound and image match? Thanks

6 channels means its 5.1 dolby digital.
you dont need to worry about the 48000hz.TMPGEnc will detect it.
older hardware like a sound card cant handle 48khz,so it would have to be downsampled to 44.1khz.
you just need to convert the ac3 to something that TMPGEnc sees.

the easiest way is to use avi2wav http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avi2wav.html to extract the wav and use it as the audio source.
regular VirtualDub doesn't produce a true wav,you would have to take the wav and rename the extention to ac3 then convert to wav with another app.
the newest VirtualDubmod might,but i'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom