Virtual Mother boards?

Siedas

Solid State Member
Are they good or bad and do they count as legit software?

The reason why I am looking into to this is because of the issues I am having with my computer's motherboard.

I am sorry if this does count as something illegal.

Never heard of a virtual motherboard.
If your having physical issue with your motherboard....then your only option is to get a new motherboard

I would say that a "virtual" motherboard would still require a "real", working motherboard to operate. Plus, installing a virtual mobo on a mobo that has "issues" to begin with won't stop any of the problems from occurring.

Last edited:
Are you really asking about virtual machines? I echo what Joe C said above, I have never heard of a virtual motherboard.

Virtual machines are legit and are very useful but in order to run a VM, you need to have a working physical machine so if you are having problems with your computer then you probably won't be able to run a VM.

There are 3 decent, free, VM tools MS Virtual PC, Oracle VirtualBox and VMWarePlayer. In order to create a virtual machine with any of these tools, you need to have the OS disk and a product key to install, just as you would with a physical machine.

If you are running Win 7 Pro or Ultimate then you are eligible to download XP Mode from MS which is a Virtual PC VM that includes a fully licensed copy of Win XP.

Are you really asking about virtual machines? I echo what Joe C said above, I have never heard of a virtual motherboard.
Really don't know what the OP's really asking for... but virtual mobo's are pretty much vm's used for hardware requirement "simulation".

Here's a quote from a free virtual motherboard download site:

"The Virtual Motherboard provides a specification of a TCP/IP based system bus, a motherboard simulator implementing this specifaction, and a collection of reusable device simulators. It is the perfect start to build new custom hardware simulators."

That doesn't sound like what he wants...

Back
Top Bottom