Virtual Memory Swapfile settings in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no intent to cause disharmony. I wasn't trying to be a smart-alec. I apologize for that. Just trying to keep down all the extra threads if I can, following what I thought was S.O.P. =)

Anyhow, how can I assure that the swapfile is at the beginning of my second HD?

Also, of 27.9gb, it has 6.59gb free. Do I need special software to add the partition without reformatting or is that something I can do in the Computer Management window of Windows XP?

Ellanon said:
I had no intent to cause disharmony. I wasn't trying to be a smart-alec. I apologize for that. Just trying to keep down all the extra threads if I can, following what I thought was S.O.P. =)

Anyhow, how can I assure that the swapfile is at the beginning of my second HD?

Also, of 27.9gb, it has 6.59gb free. Do I need special software to add the partition without reformatting or is that something I can do in the Computer Management window of Windows XP?

make it 2 partitions. Partition magic is the best tool for that. I've read that you can somehow use disc management to repartition and still keep data, but I haven't figure it out

if you have room on your first hard drive copy and paste your data form your 2nd drive there then repartion it. you could do it with the xp cd this way(partition). act like your are about to reinstall windows and when you get to the partition screen delete the and repartion your second hard drive to 2 partitions. then hit f3 twice to exit when you are done so you won't reinstall windows

PM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom