virtual memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
well i knew it would happen, but my virtual memeory is too low, even though i have more that half of my memory un unsed it still shows, buying more ram would increase that right?

How much RAM do you have now?

Unless you have an very small amount of RAM, you shouldnt be running out of virtual memory...

Try disabling unwanted items from loading during boot if there are too many. Since the paging file/ virtual memory is actually part of your Hard drive space, see if the drive is running out of free space or is very badly fragmented. You might need to run a disk cleanup free up space and then defragment the HDD. Check this link out too
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php

my page file is 3279mb i maybe a few off i added it real quick in my head. i dont need to defrag, it seems like when i am using my comp its ok but when i leave for 5 mins or so to go get some water or somthing and i come back the virtual memory thing likes to come up. ive already disabled alot of my program i dont normally use and ill just open them when i do decide to use them but other than that the programs i use all the tije are still open like azureus, steam, hamatchi, and symantec and AIMunation. thats all i have open that are optional to close programs. before i reinstalled to upgrade to MCE i used to have like 20 things open, is it MCE? i had windows xp pro before. also could it be my ram? fualty maybe?

Open task manager and have a look at the performance tab. Take a screen shot and post what you see.

its kinda emberassing its so bad, lol ive never had this problem ive had like upwards to 60 processes running with windows xp pro and never had a single problem with virtual memeory and stuff but now its only 48 and im getting badness this is like after i restarted too
im thinkin of just reinstalling windows xp pro
ss.jpg

well heres what my processess look like at the end of the day, i have pretty much nothing open or minimized to my system tray and i used to never have to restart or anything for like weeks at a time now i cant go a whole day

CIMG0620.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom