Virtual Box verses VMWare

techi3

In Runtime
I am resistant to change; however, I would like to give windows 7, 8, and maybe Ubuntu a try to see if I like it. Does anyone suggest using Virtual Box over VMWare or vice-verse? Advantages, Disadvantages, any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

It all depends on you.

I personally like VMWare better because of some of their extra options. Like their drag and drop function. You can move things from your virtual machine directly to your desktop.

But maybe you don't need that function, and VirtualBox would be fine for you.

Just test it for yourself, use each. And decide for yourself.

I use and like them both but if I had to choose I think I'd go with VMWare Player as it seems to work better with more guest OSes.

Virtualbox is much better, is free, has snapshots, and works smoother. requires no reboot to use. VMware player does not have snapshots and the interface is not as nice.

And it does support snapshots (when you close the window you get the choice between suspending the machine or shutting it down).

VMWare player is free, however VB has a lot more features for being free as well. and The Snapshots work like restore points vs s single save state. like pausing the game instead of using save states like an emulator.

Back
Top Bottom