Viewing web page created in Word in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

htcs

In Runtime
Need some help...

I created a simple web page in Word, simply going to be used as a 'Home Page' with links that are visited regularly. When it opens in IE, i get the info bar telling me "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options...'

It then give me the option to allow the blocked content and nothing on the page itself changes.

I've played with the trusted sites settings and other security settings... i even set the security settings by enabling everything, changing any disabled or prompt items to enabled... and i still get it.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've attached the source file if anyone wants to browse through it.

just another point: it works perfectly fine in Mozilla - however where i need to use it i can't install Mozilla.

Attachments

• source.txt
    30.4 KB · Views: 34
did you click on save as webpage? I just did it and I didnt get any info bar but I do know what you are talking about

Sounds great... but i can't use Firefox now for another reason. A site called MLXchange (used by realestate agents) will not work in firefox - it MUST be IE.... dammit - IE Sucks

The same thing happens to me when I build a web page in dreamweaver and preview it in IE. I think it has more to do with running a web page from a local folder or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom