Videos play without audio
I currently own a Sony Vaio VGN-NR110E notebook running Windows Vista. When I first got it, it was playing videos fine. It's been a while since I've used it (I bought it for my mom) so I can't pinpoint the exact time it started this problem. Here's the situation.
1. It plays regular noises that Vista makes.
2. Will not play mp3 or other sound files.
3. Windows Media Player comes up with the error that 'Windows Media Player could not access the file..." but at the same time plays the video behind the error window.
4. Other video players play video only.
5. Sound driver is up to date.
6. Windows updates are up to date.