Video splitting progrems??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Beret

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I've been using AVI MPEG ASF WMV Splitter, as well as other progrems to split large video files into smaller ones to make them fit on CDs. However, lately I've been noticing that the sound doesn't play accordingly as the video...for example, when a person in the movie is saying something, but the sound only plays 5-10 seconds after the person has already talked...now I know it's not the particular movie, because before I split it, it plays perfectly...so what would be a good way to split large files, without loosing the sound? Please don't suggest that I buy a DVD burner and burn these movies as a whole. Thanks, any help would be appreciated. ;)

well that sounds good, except that I'm not that smart when it comes to computers..so can you explain this better please? How do I use that Adobe Premier? How do I use the codec?

basically all you do is import the movie file into the premier timeline. once the scene is in the timeline, you'll goto "export as movie". there you will have many options on how you want your final movie clip to be. you can change codecs, movie quality, audio quality and much more. It'll even show you the final file size as your changing around settings(in premier pro only i beleive).

if you want the best quality. use premier. otherwise, avid or final cut pro also do the same thing.

Dude I have the same problems, I have downloaded large AVI files that need to be splitted in half to make 2 SVCD'S, but on some the sound is out of sync after I split it.
I was using VirtualDub to split the files.

OH o.k I get it now, so I should use Primire to edit movie files automatically...o.k. Thanks Guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom