Video Issue has Me Stumped?? Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arivan

Beta member
Just built a new system....specs below...and here is my issue.

It's whenever I play a movie, after the movie is over, or if I pause for a long time.....colored pixels start like coming through on the screen......the mouse will ghost so it looks like there are 3 pointers....then things just lock up. But mainly it's this colored pixelation all over the place and things are just skewed kind of. It's like the graphics driver just degrades or dissolves and colored pixels show up wherever I move my mouse around to.

I thought I had isolated the problem to Windows Media Player 11......but I tried VLC with even WORSE results.

After a restart everything is fine, gaming works flawlessly, normal applications run very smoothly and there are no system glitches what so ever. Even quicktime (embedded in Firefox or standalone) works fine. But if I fire up any sort of media player MPC, WMP, or VLC....it starts up (VLC can't even display a movie correctly). WMP will usually be fine throughout the movie, but once I close it...or the movie is finished...it's just a matter of seconds (usually 30-90) before the system starts slowing down and then locks.

I think it is possibly the K-Lite Codec package I'm Using but I'm unsure.....I haven't used any other Codec packs for years (it's always worked great), so any suggestions on other good codec packs would be appreciated....but as I said I'm not convinced that is the problem. I thought that VLC had it's own system for displaying movies and didn't rely on codecs so that would kind of throw out the bad codec theory.

I really am stumped on this one...and want to get this fixed...any help would be appreciated.

Intel E8400 3.0ghz Wolfdale
EVGA 780i Motherboard
EVGA 8800GTS 512mb (G92)
G.Skill 4gb at 800mhz
250gb Samsung 3.0/s HD
Zalman 9700LED Cooling
HP DVD Drive
OCZ 600w PS

Thanks,

-JW

Have you updated the video drivers? It sounds like the video players are hanging on the drivers and not allowing it to close properly.

Would be unusual for VLC not to play it, so as above, try your graphics card drivers.

As stated update not only your GFX driver but get a newer version of KLite as well. Also can try CCCP, AC3Filter and/or the Vista Codec pack.

I have the newest NVIDIA Drivers.....so I don't really know what else to do. Unless there has been an update in the last 2 weeks.

K-Lite is current as well.

Hrm?

-J

Then it has got to be buggy drivers or the Video card is bad. Try a set of Beta drivers for the 8800 and see if they help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom