Video file on a Data cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

zildjianchris

In Runtime
Before I tried this I wanted to ask you guys first. When I put this video file onto a vcd, it goes way over 700mb. But if I did a data cd it would be like 699mb. Would a video file on a data cd work on a dvd player? Or do you have any useful ideas? Thanks
Hope you know what I mean, Im using nero by the way.

zildjianchris said:
Before I tried this I wanted to ask you guys first. When I put this video file onto a vcd, it goes way over 700mb. But if I did a data cd it would be like 699mb. Would a video file on a data cd work on a dvd player? Or do you have any useful ideas? Thanks
Hope you know what I mean, Im using nero by the way.

All (well most I guess) DVD players recognize the VCD format. So yes it will work fine.

I have a MiniDV camera. I have to convert the video to VCD and burn it onto a CD, and it plays on my DVD player just fine. And my DVD player isn't anything special :)

Um, no, video needs to be encoded to a VCD, SVCD, KVCD, or DVD before most players will play them, unless you have a player that will play Divx, then if your file is Divx, it will play right off the data cd. I say invest in a DVD burner for 40 bucks or less, and buy some cheap no brand DVD+Rs and do it the right way :) It's worth the investment.

You can get free software that will convert the video file into VCD format, which your DVD player will read.

ohGrFreak said:
Yes, and he has that software, but his problem is that when he uses his software to convert it to VCD, it's too big to fit on the CD.

oh, I misunderstood the problem, my apologies. :confused:

Well, that's how I interpret his problem. He said that when he tried to add the file to a VCD, that it's too big. But, it'll fit if it's still a data CD.

Maybe the poster could tell us what program he is using and if that program has a different compression setting that would make the file fit on a VCD.

Change the compression settings. You'll loose quality but it will at least fit on a cd. One thing I do is compress the audio more than the video... nothing worse than a vid you can't even watch.

-Matt

I use nero, but when I make a video, I use a DVD, I know when I make a DVD, there are tabs at the bottom of the Nero window and one tab is video settings, I can manually reduce the size of the movie, making it fit onto my selected media.

Try under video settings, use extended play option or use the manual option to reduce the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom