Video Editing Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extreme112

In Runtime
Not sure if this is the right section, but I was wondering if my comp is good enough to run programs like After Effects.

Quad Core @ 2.4 GhZ

GTX 460 w/ latest drivers

4GB RAM - 32bit

Well, see the problem is I've tried it and whenever I preview the video, it tends to lag. This also happens with Camtasia but it occurs only when I add music and it happens more in After Effects.

So you know it doesn't work good under those programs, and you're asking us if your system works good with the programs. Sounds like a double negative.

What Quad Core is that?

To gain better performance, an upgrade of 8GB RAM will help of the compiling.

According to the Requirements for the software, you meet them. That means that they will run, but not perfectly. The only advise is if you want to have it not lag, make sure you close out all other tasks being performed by the PC to ensure that After Effects is the only thing using the resources of the machine.

Windows will report that there is a full 4GB installed, but only part of that will be able to be used.

Yeah, I guess I should upgrade my comp. I've also tried closing other apps that I dont need, though it still lags. I'll probably use my other comp and test if it will work better there. My other comp has 6gb ram but still also had a 4 yr old quad core.
@Mindover, its the Q6600

Also anyone notice that (well to me anyways) most editing comps are macs.

That depends in regards to your whole editing comps are macs comment. I know plenty of film editors that use Windows. Few to none brag about the PC they use to do the video editing with. Unlike those that use Mac that boast that they used a Mac to do the work. Notice what I am getting at? Most PC users don't boast about what they do on a PC. They do it, let others enjoy their work. Mac people like to brag cause it is "against the norm" to use that system to do such work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom