Video controller driver for win 7

Needhelp2

Beta member
Failed to find driver for ‘Video Controller', Dell Optiplex 280 model -Win 7 ultimate 32-bit

Error message (when attempting to play Chess or any other games that came with windows); “Hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported by your video card driver, which could slow performance. Make sure you have the latest video card drivers installed.”

It has been over 3 months since I have been looking for a solution. About a year ago, I moved from XP to Window 7 ultimate and everything worked nicely. Then I run into a problem which I had to reinstall windows again. I did and everything worked fine except that I can't play any games. Device manager shows ‘video controller' driver is missing. So I tried to update the driver, the system couldn't find it. I went to the dell site and there isn't anything for my system for window 7. The only driver I can find was for window vista. I tried that didn't seem to be compatible. So far I have tried pretty much everything that has been suggested on sites I came across except updating the driver through windows update which isn't feasible given the type of connection I have.

Mind you, I don't have high speed. I use CDMA and the speed I get is nothing more than dial up. You have no idea how long it takes to create an account on here and post this. I tried to google patiently but no luck. I noticed that there are also other people who are having the same problem but as I said earlier I have attempted whatever I can.

I don't need to play high graphics game or anything. Yet I need at least Chess Titans to work which came with Windows. There was a suggestion on one of the site that I looked at, it says the company (which makes the video card) hasn't made a driver for window 7; therefore, it is no use trying to find one. But I am not sure about that because when I initially installed windows 7, using the same CD, everything worked fine. Why not now?

Is there a difference between VGA driver and Video controller‘s? I thought they are the same. In the device manager I have the driver for VGA working okay but under other devices I see video controller driver missing and that is the only thing under question mark.

Note: I noticed that in bios, there isn't any memory allocated for video card and I wonder if that has anything to do. By the way I have integrated video card and I can't really afford to buy a new one. It would really help me if you know where and how I can get the driver that would help me get the system working again.

Please find additional system and display info below.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 11/29/2012, 04:50:56
Machine name: IMPADOV-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: OptiPlex GX280
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A08
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, ~2.8GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1014MB RAM
Page File: 682MB used, 1355MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Manufacturer: (Standard display types)
Chip type: Intel(r)915G/915GV/910GL Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA BIOS
DAC type: 8 bit
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2582&SUBSYS_01791028&REV_04
Display Memory: n/a
Dedicated Memory: n/a
Shared Memory: n/a
Current Mode: 1600 x 1200 (32 bit) (1Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic Non-PnP Monitor
Monitor Model:
Monitor Id:
Native Mode:
Output Type:
Driver Name: vga
Driver File Version: 6.01.7600.16385 (English)
Driver Version: 6.1.7600.16385
DDI Version: unknown
Driver Model: unknown
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 7/14/2009 02:25:51, 10752 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-66C2-11CF-9933-C93CAAC2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x2582
SubSys ID: 0x01791028
Revision ID: 0x0004
Driver Strong Name: Unknown
Rank Of Driver: Unknown
Video Accel:
Deinterlace Caps: n/a
D3D9 Overlay: n/a
DXVA-HD: n/a
DDraw Status: Not Available
D3D Status: Not Available
AGP Status: Not Available
If more info is required please let me know. I would really appreciate if someone looks into the problem and help me get sorted out.
Thank You

When you installed windows this last time did you use and motherboard drivers. Do you have access to the drivers for the motherboard on disk? I'm just taking a long shot. But its worth asking.

Back
Top Bottom