Video Card Problem - Code 43 (Windows has stopped this device..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihsnek

Baseband Member
Hi,

I'm having an issue trying to get a video card working with my Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate installation. I had a Nvidia 7900GTX originally and I couldn't get it to work (kept giving me code 43), so I bought a new Nvidia 210 video card..and the same code keeps occurring. Here's what I've done:

-Tried both PCI slots on the motherboard
-Tried letting Windows Update find and install drivers automatically
-Stopped Windows from automatically installing drivers and installed newest drivers from nvidia.com
-Let Windows Update install drivers then updated drivers from nvidia.com
-Completely removed all video drivers with Windows and Driver Sweeper and then re-installed nvidia.com drivers

I'm at a complete lost. I am POSITIVE this is NOT a hardware issue. It has to be a driver issue...somehow I can't get the right configuration.

Here's my specs:
Abit AN8 Fatality SLI Motherboard
AMD 400+ CPU
Nvidia 210 Video Card (also tried Nvidia 7900GTX card)
2GB RAM
320GB Sata HDD
Antec 500w PSU

I'm thinking about switching to Windows XP and screwing Windows 7. Funny thing is, I've never had this issue with my other desktop and my HD 4850.

Something corrupted, most likely. Don't diss 7 just because it has problems. Your mom didn't throw you out on the streets because you had a temper tantrum. :lol:

Never trust MS Update crap. Use proper drivers from Nvidia.

Obviously something is corrupted..but what? No, I love Windows 7 - this is the first real problem its given me on 4 systems now.

Already Memtested but have not run HDD diagnostic tools. How would it be a HDD issue?

How can you say that this is not a hardware issue? How can you be so sure that there isnt an issue with the PCIe slot on the mobo? If this is now the 2nd card that is giving you the same problems but you know that these devices work on another machine wouldnt that point directly to it being a hardware issue with that specific mobo?

Ive tried both PCIe slots and the cards have both been tested on another machine. The PCIe slots were working with Windows XP fine on the same motherboard.

Code 43 has been tied down to a driver issue typically. I've said all this in my OP..

Where did you say that you tested this mobo with XP in your OP? I see you make reference to going back to XP, but no where did you say that you already used XP with this specific setup. There is a big difference in saying you will go to XP and screw Windows 7 and actually using the system with XP and converted to Win7 only to decide to go back to XP. So no you didnt say any of that in the OP. You just told of what you tried to resolve this issue with Win7, not that this machine has been used previously with XP and it worked just fine.

Now that i have cleared that up. Have you got the proper Mother Board Drivers installed? The Chipset and controller drivers for Win7 64 Bit? Are they specifically for Win7 64 Bit and not for Vista 64 Bit?

Ok.

Yes, updated and double-checked all drivers are specifically for Win7 64bit.

Have you updated the system bios lately? Is there a newer bios version available maybe?

You could be having a driver conflict, try disabling the network adapter 1st. I've seen a lot of issues with Nvidia Display drivers and Realtek Network drivers. If that doesn't work then try disabling the Audio. etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom