Video Card/Display Problems - Pls Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
you obviously have a video card otherwise you have a magical monitor with wireless telepathic connection with your computer. if the video is integrated into the motherboard you can get the drivers off the motherboard CD. if you have a removeable video card you can read off the make/ model printed on it and find the drivers and install them if you do not have the driver CD.

as far as i know its intagrated. i dont think i have a motherboard cd. i do know that i have a anigma pentium 2 motherboard with integrated AGP/Audio/DVD . i went to gateway.com and got to a palce where i downloaded a driver for the motherboard and it said to put it on a formatted floppy and to restart comp and do somethings but when i restart it says the floppy is bad but i just got them new not 5 min ago. i also did a check on system info and if said " error primary display driver(display). DX-DD-E88 7600DE" i don't know what that means though. can you help at all?

i just re-read your question, there is no way you could have that GF4MX-440se integrated into a PIII 667 unless you time travelled into the future and snatched a motherboard (sorry i can't help with these analogies they are so fun to make up :) )

it sounds to me you might have some major operating system corruption since even your old video card has no luck and you are getting errors on new floppies. if nobody can help you find a solution you should consider saving all your important files to another partition or storage device and reinstalling your operating system.

so you mean i should reinstall windows? if thats it then i have already done that and nothing new happened

you should consider the worse case scenario: the possibilty of severe hardware failure. you said this happened a bit and than it got worse recently. you also said this happens suddenly and even when testing 2 different video cards.

all of thems syptoms can mean slowly failing hardware, possibly your motherboard is about to completely fail on you. everything goes through the motherboard which is why you may be experiencing problems with everything. my suggestion is replacing motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom