video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

neversleeps

In Runtime
i used to have an hp crap mobo and xp home. i now have an msi mobo with xp pro. i have a screensaver which will show the framerate if i so choose. with my old setup i was getting between 30-40 fps. now i get 20 constantly. same video card with same latest drivers. also the 20 fps is choppy and crappy on top of it. i have it set to 4x agp, have the latest drivers. still same processor and now a better board, y is it worse. i even tried changing it to less quality and more performance and that didnt do nething or actually made it worse. ne video gurus/gamers i need ur help, and yes i realize its a crap video card but im low on the funds and if it gave me at least 30 before it should at the very least do the same on a better board.
help plz,
thx
neversleeps.

ps. i put this here cuz i dont kno if its a hardware, os/driver problem, or what it is so thats y its not in hardware or multimedia or nething else.

one other thing, which not sure if it belongs in os or hardware but i have 4 things on irq 11, which include my graphics card, network adapter, and then the via usb controller is listed twice as using irq 11, could this be slowing it down making my graphics card share its irq with 2 or 3 other things. i realize that there is dynamic irq whatever its called and that they can share it, but i have a floppy disk controller using one which i dont have a floppy drive, and com ports 2 more irqs which i dont use ne com ports, just looked the usb controller is also using irq 10 as well. would gettin rid of the devices using irqs that i never use and then splitting up the remaining ones so that my ethernet adapter can have its own and my graphics and sound have its own, will this increase performance of these devices or no?

ne info is much appreciated

pps, no conflicts in device manager also if neone is wondering

Can you post up a list of the drivers you installed, directX version, and any software you have running at startup?

Also, what other benchmarks have you used? does it play any games faster/slower?

the screensaver could function differently with different chipsets, OS's, drivers, thus it could give you false readings.

its the driver from nvidias site vs 5.6.7.2, i just ran the ut 2004 benchmark and 35 on flyby and 25 on bot matches. i can tell that its slower and choppier than before as for the screensaver it was never choppy before so im sure the 20 fps is correct. direct x is 9.0 or better

the only things i really have at startup are nav, zonealarm, yahoo messenger, and my sound manager and the multimedia keyboard driver.

check out this thread for my start up info http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18546
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom