video????

Status
Not open for further replies.

valcan222

In Runtime
Ok heres the deal, I recently went up in a cessna 172SP, a small single engin prop plane, the one i have been training in, and anyways, i got someone to videotape the flight from the back, now heres my prob.
I made a nice video with windows movie maker but the problem with that is whenever i try to take the move to another comp it dosent work, because it cant locate the files. so my question how can i make a move so that I can take it from computer to computer? is there a way? or is there anyway to be able to take my movie to another computer? thanks in advance.

dose anyone know how i can do this? i really need it done soon so I can show my students it tommorow.

yea i am useing the same software, the windows movie maker, but if possible I would like to just convert it into a movie for the media player. that would be nice. I have to leave in 15 mins, any more suggestions on how i can take it with me????

No i dont if i had more time but since your leave or by now allready gone.
Have you tried to make it into a dvd that can be played on anyplayer.

Or did you make a dvd allready. If you did and its not finding it make sure your school computer has a dvd installed

Hello,

If you're just transferring the .MSWMM (Windows Movie Maker Project) file to the other PC, and opening it with Windows Movie Maker, it won't work.

Quite rightly, it won't be able to locate the files necessary because you've not transferred the video / audio / image files along with the .MSWMM file.

The .MSWMM (Windows Movie Maker Project) file doesn't contain any media. It's a file which contains references to the media files which make up the project.

So, if you want to be able to edit the project using Windows Movie Maker on another PC, you need to transfer both the .MSWMM file and the media files. Not only this, but the media files need to be in the exact same directory structure as they were on the originating PC. That is, if a video file was imported from C:\Videos\ to Windows Movie Maker on the originating PC, for example, then when you transfer the project file and media files to the new PC, the video will also need to be in the location C:\Videos\ on the new PC. Otherwise, Movie Maker won't be able to locate the files because the references are no longer valid.

If you simply want to watch the video on another PC, and not edit the project on another PC, then you are supposed to publish the project by going to File > Publish Movie... in Windows Movie Maker. Movie Maker will then create a single .WMV video files of all media objects in the timeline. You can then transfer and watch the .WMV file on another PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom