VIA Chrome 9 HC IGP 256MB problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
hi, im wondering why this Video card lags on Aliens VS Predator 2 Lool its a 256MB Video card.. and it lags does anyone know why or is it just a Rubbish video card Alltogether.. ?.. and in my system properties it shows 768MB of ram and i Have 1GB DDR PC4400 Ram.. does anyone know how to change the video Cards size to 128MB or something my laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 1705i.. Thanks.. My mate can change his ATI onboard Radeon from 128>64>32MB.. i cant though..

My mate can change his ATI onboard Radeon from 128>64>32MB.. i cant though..

That is because your buddy uses onboard GFX. If you have a dedicated card you cant change the option at all. Since you say it is a 256 card i am thinking you have a dedicated card. So the option to change it doesnt exist.

Have you upgraded drivers? HAve you tried to run 3DMark05 to see what kind of performance your system has with games. It could just be that your system cant handle gaming at all...

also a video cards performance is not soley based on its memory, it mostly depends on the GPU's clockspeed which is why my x1950 256mb still kicks *** :p

The Via Chrome card in your laptop is a shared memory card and unfortunately for you, Chrome is actually THE weakest vpu on the market right now (true). It performs very poorly in 3D gaming. My little brother's mobo had it built in and he even had trouble running Quake 3 based games like Jedi Knight II.

To answer your second question, the reason your system properties reports only 768mb of ram is because your graphics card is taking up ~256mb solely for itself. If you're able to adjust this it's probably in your laptop's BIOS.

Via Chrome 9 IGP is really just not meant for gaming. It's okay for Windows, movies, and basic games, but that's about it. You'll have to lower the video settings quite a bit if you want to play games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom