Very strange problem, restarts on Administrator user but not others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spidervlad

Solid State Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just came back from my vacation which was a month, and turned on my comp. It turned on normally, but then when I had to restart it, whenever I go on my Admin user about 5 seconds after the user loads, the computer restarts. I have 3 users, I almost always use my admin user, but I had 2 other users there which I had created by accident. So now the Admin user restarts when loaded, the 2nd user thats non-adming loads perfectly with no problem, but the mystery is, the 3rd user that I have been on only once in my life, restarts upon startup. I tried to delete the admin user and the administrator user, but once they were recreated the same thing happened.
Any ideas of how to fix this? I have Windows XP.

One thing that I can think of that might work.... you need to reboot and get inside xp in either safe mode or normal which isn't working right and delete the 3 users and keep it that way. Try to get in by safe mode first and try it... if that doesn't try normal boot.... and if it gets to ugly repair the xp installation using your xp pro cd during setup in the middle or near the end ask it to delete those accounts and give yourself a new password for the administrator. after that everything (should).

I tried deleting everything but it didn't work.
I tried to do Windows Repair but it can't detect my Hard Drive for some reason, which is weird because on my User I can see all my files and stuff.

Another thing, somewhere around every 1/4 of logging into the admin, it doesn't restart. And when it doesn't restart, about 4 times this thing pops up saying "Windows Explorer has had a problem and needs to close" and then the "Don't Send" and "Send" buttons. It pops up around 4 times and then stops.

Please help!

Also, I would have gladly deleted the "Admin" and used the other User administrators that I made, but it's weird because on the other user administrators Windows works weirdly. Security programs don't launch at startup, Internet Explorer loads MSN and then doesn't load any other sites. Whenver I change the homepage for it, it puts it back to MSN again every time. So I have to use mozzila FireFox. I would've survived, but then I couldn't hear anything in Voice programs like Ventrillo. I heard at first, but then I couldn't hear anyone for some reason. I hear all noises, but not the voices when they speak althought they can hear me.

When you boot to the windows CD did you get an option for the repair console? If so, go there and type chkdsk /r then run fixboot and fixmbr from the repair console. Post back with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom