very strange indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

backup287

Daemon Poster
I recently copied a few files from one folder to another on my d drive and then i went to sleep and when i restarted the files were back in the original folder, i didnt do any special things like system restore or anything but there they were back in the old folder, what could have caused this?

yes the folder was d drive to d drive no c to d or vice versa

Are you sure that the Windows update that downloaded last night that required a restart did not interrupt the move?

well i did restart after copying the files for that update, but could it have been the update that was a sort've system restore type deal and moved em back?

The updates only create a system restore point. They do not revert your system. Maybe the move failed for some reason. Check your event viewer.

Another weird thing now, i just saw my hd go from 12gb free space to 3gb free space then back to 12gb free space like 2 minutes later, what is going on...??? and haha i dont really know how to read the vista event view but ill try its really different from the xp one

Have you checked for viruses and spyware lately? Have you been installing any updates or anything?

i found a kernal-general problem in the even view not sure what it means
{Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file): '\??\C:\Users\Alex\ntuser.dat' was corrupted and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost.
and
{Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file): '\??\C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat' was corrupted and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost.

occured in last 24 hours

ya ive been scanning with kapersky, nothing so far, ive updated kaspersky recently, deleted a few things on d drive for space and for some reason they didnt make any room (like 4 gbs of data or so)
going to restart to see if it fixes, have copied a few files to another folder also and will see if they move back after restart

That is your profile. It seems that when you logged off last time your profile failed to save it state and that is why your files were back to where they came from. Have any other crashes or anything else recently? Have any minidump files from those crashes?

I have had a few video card crashes,
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r188/keyser09/displaydriverstop.jpg

happened bout 2 days ago when i upgraded my driver from 169.25 to 175.16, sometimes it would go to blue screen sometimes it would just go black and then show up again and say it recovered, one time i tried playing fear and it just crashed and would get past the vista loading bar so i had to go to safe mode and rollback to 169.25, other than that no crashes, no minidump crashes no blue screens (maybe once with the vid card crash)

anyways i restarted and it freed up the space and the files did not move back, still not sure what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom