Very Slow download on Vista 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niverive

In Runtime
So I've had this problem when I tried to install my game Final Fantasy XI, I was able to install everything fine, up until the last expansion for some reason when I run the install program it says I don't have Final Fantasy XI installed which I do but I decided to skip that for now and try to update and play.

So I go to update PlayOnline, now I've had to wipe and redo FFXI several times on my PC and other systems so I'm used to updating, usually clean install PlayOnline takes about 50 minutes to update tops, for some reason this took almost 2 freaking days, not to mention I kept getting connection error messages, and I've tried many things to fix it, changing the program to have admin privelages, turning off firewall, setting compatibility mode, I thought it was only FFXI related, but then I realized it might be somethign with vista entirely.

I got the idea to update my drivers for my motherboard, though the update details don't have my problem in it but I was like hey w/e I like to be updated, well when I try to download the drivers, it goes incredibly slow just like FFXI was, and after about 6% a window pops up saying the download failed. Can anyone please shed some light in on this?

Btw just if your curious the drivers I have right now for all my mobo stuff are all 64-bit compatible as I checked this after wondering about all this

Update for the actual Final Fantasy XI game...384:34:21, wtf...

Have you done an update on that machine before (with Vista 64 bit installed)? Is it only that process which is running slow, is the rest of your internet connectivity fine?

my internet browsing is fine, but when I download very large files, like driver bundles or update FFXI or WoW the download is SUPER slow

not to mention the downloads fail continuesly, this all worked fine when I had XP 32-bit lol

Does your board have dual lan? I know one of the lan ports on my board is bad. Would not let me download anything large. Do you have the latest drivers for your onboard lan.

unfornately I can't get the latest drivers since the darn thing won't let me download them without failing, and it worked fine on xp and that was like 2 weeks ago

Ok well its not vista's fault, wish it was now I have pressing matters, I installed XP back on my new hard drive and the downloads are still retardly slow for some sites and games, and normal for others, I'm getting frustrated

Well decided to try something I thought was crazy, and it didn't end being crazy after all, its my dsl, I hooked up my cable internet and no problems going to call my dsl provider, sorry for the trouble about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom