Very slow computer (especially some games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReinisFMF

Baseband Member
A few days ago I purchased my new computer and now I tried to run my favorite game - Total Club Manager 2004. Unfortunately, it is running very slow and so on....... I suppose that OS should perform faster, too.

So, here is my hardware:

Motherboard - ASRock P4i45D+
CPU - Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
RAM - 256 Mb DDR400
Graphics card - GeForce FX5200 128 Mb

And I'm running Windows XP.

What could cause this problem? I believe that I installed all needed drivers...

Trifid said:
have you checked for viruses?

No, but I think that I haven't got anyone... I have Norton AntiVirus. Anyway, I will check.

edit: no virus found

Have you tried cleaning out all spyware? A Diskclean? ( I recommend CCleaner ) A Defrag? Then possibly look in your programs for any programs that may be taking up all your CPU memory? After all that then a good healthy reboot?

I'm sitting on a 1.7 P4 right now and I have to do that more often than not... Just about every other day or so...

And since it's a new confuser... Windows LOVES to put on all that internet crap... AOL, Earthlink, etc... and other stuff that no ones uses or already has... You might want to clean out all that stuff as well...

Well, I figured out that it might be a problem with the game, because windows is functioning rather normal. I saw that TCM2004 doesn't use all of my memory.

First of all you only have 256MG's of PC3200 installed in your system.
Windows XP needs at least 128MB to run. 256MB to run at optimum levels. Your video card also isn't mid-high end.

I believe you should visit newegg.com and buy either another 256MB or may-be a 256MB and a 512MB. Hook up your system to a GIG and you notice a HUGE increase in preformance.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Windows XP needs at least 128MB to run. 256MB to run at optimum levels. Your video card also isn't mid-high end.

I believe you should visit newegg.com and buy either another 256MB or may-be a 256MB and a 512MB. Hook up your system to a GIG and you notice a HUGE increase in preformance.

ppl were starting to scare me when they didn't bring that up..

oh and try looking on this site under tutorials.. should be an article "23 ways to speed up windows" its not bad... kus honestly windows shows off with graphics that just eats up rescorces for low ram computers.. (urs isn't low.. ist just not that high up there...)

HAVOC2k5 said:

Not every game requires a top end PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom