very old computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
benzimm86 said:
well you see, the person that ownes the computer, just like the computer, is old. Old people done like to get use to something new. They are use to IE. As far as reinstalling windows, it just might come down to that if nothing else works.

That's why...you can't flog ff on everyone. I love it I use it exclusivley, my wife refused so I let her use IE. Not everyone wants to change, if the owner can't fix it themselves I am sure the won't want to try a new browser. Only people that are tech savy are usually willing to try it and use it, with a few exceptions here and there.

PC Man Brian said:
I say you just do it. Cut the middle man out, and make it easier. Just re-install Windows dude.

ultimatley that is the best way to go if you can't get it to work as is. How long has he had it running with out a re-install? I used to re-instal win98 every 6 months min as it just gets sooo bloated and runs like crap.

It's not the fact that they don't want to change. Usually they think it's so hard to switch over to a new browser man. Hey, that's people these days. Some think technology is really hard to adapt to (IE: A new browser)

Look Fire Fox works just like IE does on a visual level. So old stubborn people will only take 5 minutes to adapt I'm guessing. It's not hard you still click on pretty pictures and links right.

As with the other peoples, i would format and re-install.

But this could help:
Scan for Virus
Scan for Spyware.
Remove useless Startup Items
Remove Useless programs.

problem solved installed IE 6 and all is good now. thanks for the help. Still did not figure out if firefox works on 98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom