To remove all the entries that the risk added to the hosts file
1. Navigate to the following location:
* Windows 95/98/Me:
* Windows NT/2000/XP:
* The location of the hosts file may vary and some computers may not have this file. There may also be multiple copies of this file in different locations. If the file is not located in these folders, search your disk drives for the hosts file, and then complete the following steps for each instance found.
* %Windir% is a variable that refers to the Windows installation folder. By default, this is C:\Windows (Windows 95/98/Me/XP) or C:\Winnt (Windows NT/2000).
2. Double-click the hosts file.
3. If necessary, deselect the "Always use this program to open this program" check box.
4. Scroll through the list of programs and double-click Notepad.
5. When the file opens, delete all the entries added by the risk. (See the Technical Details section for a complete list of entries.)
6. Close Notepad and save your changes when prompted.
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)