Which version of XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ã…nubis said:
Goodbye to Blue Screens Of Death!!! :D

Um...I seem to be the only one who can say this, but I have gotten the WinXP blue screen of death. It's rather different then 98s, it just basically says that there was a serious system error...and it restarts automatically...instead of giving the false option to go back to your desktop. Once rebooted, you get one of those windows that asks if you want to report the error to Microsoft (Your system has recovered from a serious hardware error.)

But anyhow, Windows XP is a major improvement from the former Windows editions; they've added some features and made some changes they should have done since the beginning. Far better hardware and network support. Finally something to browse ZIP files, something to burn CDs with, full (and real) multiuser system. It's still not perfect...there are still many Microsoft annoyances. It's still definetly worth the upgrade...and unless you use your computer the way I do, you'll never have to see it's bluescreen :laughing:

XP is a much needed improvement over 98. But the best feature of all.... EVERY PROGRAM gets its own dedicated memory block!!!!

I also got the blue screens of death on XP Home. Got it while trying to configure capturing of video from a Sony cam. There seems to be some issue with the USB drivers from Sony (got this from Sony forums).

Still capture is fine (also through USB), but video capture gives you the blues :)

you can infact use dual processors on winxp home. I am currently using 2 p4 2.53GHZ processors with 3gb pc2700 ddr. It's a little tricky in the setup but you can do it. As for the upgrade, I would go with XP. Either home or Pro, both should serve your purposes just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom