Which version of server 2003 do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepg

In Runtime
Ok, I have access to the 4 versions of Windows 2003. Xmall business, Web server, Enterprise Edition and I thikn one more.

it's going on a MSI MOBO K8N Plat Neo 5 wirh 2Gb ram, dual 36gb raptors and dual 200gb WD caviar 7200's.

I nrrd to get a wev server up quickly and was wondering if there are any guides to doing this. Ot is going to be a small site and will be adding more in the future. I've seitched all 5 of my machines to Linux except this one. I'm going to try apache aout as well. Not knowing much about either, what would you suggest I leard on? windows or linux? I have a good bit of knowlegde in windows in 2000, 2000 server and adv server. and LOTS with XP.

Linux FC4, I'm learning as I go. I've found it realatively easy once you knoww where to look for answers.

The website is going to be for a landscaping business so it will have pictures, text's and some forms.

Pretty much just looking to see is apache is much harder to set up tha a MS system. Thanks in advance!

well if web server is available, and you're making a webserver i'd go with that, but i dont know anything about apache so i cant give u an opinion there.

Get Data Center if it's availible like you said if not get enterprise. You get more power and options that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom