Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I'm using Veritas 9.0, not 9.1.
Backing up between 60 and 75 gb of users my documents and archive emails
using 100gb tapes
Windows 2000 Server SP4

When the backup is finished, at 99%, I spits the tape out and gives this error message:

Please insert overwritable media into the drive.

Overwritable media includes scratch, blank, and recyclable media. Please note that depending on the current Media Overwrite Protection setting, imported and allocated media may be overwritable as well. Consult the online help for more information on overwritable media.

Respond Yes to acknowledge.
Respond No to retry the operation.
Respond Cancel to cancel the operation.

Settings are:

Media Management: Media overwrite protection = None
Media Type is = 8mm
Media overwrite protection = Overwrite media
Compression type = Hardware

Anyone have this error before?

make sure the tape is able to be overwritten, and what about compression, is that 100 gb compressed or 200 compressed.

I've tried 20 tapes

10 100gb tapes
10 50gb tapes

Starting having issues when I upgraded from 8 to 9. I uninstalled 9, went back to 8, had same problem. Now I'm back to 9 with the same issue. I tried all kinds of different options and still receive the same issue.

sorry if i'm asking dumb questions as I dont have tape drives in my servers(nor do i work for any organizations that require them) is the drive supported by the program? the tapes? do they need to be reformated? different file system?

Full installs

Tapes are the same manufacturer as the smaller tape.
The tape drive supports the larger size tape
At one time they would backup fine, but when I went to another tape, this would happen again.
now everytime I insert any tape, I have this issue
Veritas wants a shitload for support and my support ended 2 years ago

I would probably uninstall/re-install completely from scratch. Seems like there is an applicational issue that is confused on the v.8 - v.9 install...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom