VB Runtime Errors in Frontpage 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadfael

Baseband Member
Hi there.. just wondering if you guys have ever come across this... and how you fixed it?

I keep getting VB Runtime errors in Frontpage 2000, this has only recently started to happen. Under Win 98se, no problem.. I then went to Win Me and the trouble began... so i want back to Win 98se (full format and install).. but the errors still happened. I am now running Windows XP... I still get them.. but they are very sporadic... sometime I can be working for an hour or two... sometimes just 5 minutes. When the do begin to happen... they stay!!!

I only had this when I didn't do any patches to the OS. I'd suggest running Windows Update to update IE to 5.5 or 6 to refresh the vb runtime engine. I don't remember if sp2 for Win98Se does the trick. Make sure you don't run sp2 again after IE unless you re-install IE later. Its not very smart

Thanks Chopper... I will give that a go.

In fact.. you have almost confirmed what I thought the problem was. I installed XP about 2 weeks ago... and IE V.6 was stable... no crashes... illigals... just perfect browsing. However... as soon as I started to use Frontpage 2000, and when I had the first VB error in Frontpage... things have got a bit flaky with IE now... not bad enough to make me wanna throw the comp at the nearest window... yet!. :D

I was wondering if the 2 things were related?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom