Valid cd key Windows Vista questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkim113

Baseband Member
i had couple of questions about windows vista.

1. What are the benefits of having a legit (valid cd key) windows vista?

2. Is it easy to get a unlegit windows OS? do you think many people do this?

3. lets say i bought a prebuilt computer with a legit windows vista on it. Lets say couple years down the road i decided to make my own computer. Will i be able to use the cd key for the windows vista on the prebuilt computer to get a legit windows vista OS on my build?

1. without a legit key you would be illegal, you cant pass the validation test on Microsoft website and updates would be a nightmare! this would also create serious problems for the OWNER of this product key as Microsoft would black list it, i believe without a legit code you wouldnt be able to activate windows and after 30 or so days your vista will become virtually unusable

2.this is not discussed here and shouldn't even be considerd by you or anyone else for that matter, if everyone had unlegit codes how would Microsoft make money to program new windows software which 90% of us use?

3.all depends on the product key license, if its OEM this can only be activated once, if its retail you could legally run this product on another computer as long as this code is only active on one computer at any one time. if you buy a pre built it will more than likly be OEM unless you specify a retail copy.

you should read a previous thread created by myself http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/xp-laptop-can-i-install-my-pc-185599/

others will know more than me but this is what i think is correct.

i had couple of questions about windows vista.

1. What are the benefits of having a legit (valid cd key) windows vista?

2. Is it easy to get a unlegit windows OS? do you think many people do this?

3. lets say i bought a prebuilt computer with a legit windows vista on it. Lets say couple years down the road i decided to make my own computer. Will i be able to use the cd key for the windows vista on the prebuilt computer to get a legit windows vista OS on my build?

1. Everything

2. Read the RULES. More specifically number 5.

3. No. 1 Serial for 1 machine. You build a machine in the future you buy Windows for it in the future.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom