Utorrent alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossy1881

Banned
As an alterntative to utorrent, what other ones do you use to download with?

Is bitlord any good?

cheers

Mossy,

What do you mean by download to your desktop? Every client allows you to download to your desktop. Just have to chose that as your store location. Or do you mean lightweight that it basically only has the icon like uTorrent on your desktop and that is all it needs to run?

Cheers,
Mak

Mak213, I tried bitcomet but I couldn't find out where to download to my desktop for the life of me? Can you please recommend one where I can this for. I tried looking under options in bitcomet but I couldn't find it. Besides, utorrent, bittorrent or bitcomit---could you tell me that you use that you'll know how to change it if I can't figure it out please?

cheers

PS, sorry about the double post earlier.

Hello Mossy,

You still have not made it clear what you are looking for. Are you looking to have your downlaods go to the desktop or the application itself?

I use uTorrent. I use Deluge on Linux. the Windows client is still a bit buggy.

Cheers,
Mak

After I am at mininova I download the application to my desktop, I then open the torrent client to download, I want that to download to my desktop. I hope you understand me now?

You said all clients allow you to download to your desktop, I have tried, abc, bitcomet, bitloard and I don't see where you can set the option to dsektop.

Mak213, I found it under bitcomet, sorry to have bothered you.

cheers

Hello,

You have to go into the Client's Preferences page. I know that uTorrent, Azureus, Deluge all have this option to choose where you download to. I have seen it in BitComet as well. I have not used many others as uTorrent is perfect for me and i wotn switch.

So you will have to go to the clients sites and look thru the user guides and FAQ pages to find the settings you need to adjust.

Cheers,
Mak

Hey Mossy,

When you use Bitcomet, with my experience at least you get something like:

http://www.welshh.com/images/random/download.jpg

that pop's up when you open the torrent file. You click the "..." to change the download location to which would be your desktop.

To change the default download location of bitcomet you click "Options" at the top menu then Select "Options" again or should be able to hit Ctrl + P to hotkey the menu. Once there click "Task" on the left menu, then click "Default destination directory" then click the "..." box beside it to change the location. Looks like:

http://www.welshh.com/images/random/download2.jpg

Yes, as I said in my last post, I found it guys, my apologies for the post. Thanks for your help.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom